Tuesday, March 13, 2012

new iPad (3rd Generation) & Using iPad to create rather than consume

When the iPad was first released back in April of 2010, it was primarily a device of consumption. You could read ebooks, watch movies, surf the web, listen to music and play games on it. That was all good and well but for artists and photographers, it was mostly used to showcase their work as a portfolio.

After the release of the second iteration of the iPad in March of 2011, app developers started to grasp the true nature of this great device and were introducing more and more apps that allowed users to create projects of different nature right on their devices; be it making music using Garageband, create stunning art using Procreate and even organize and edit RAW format photos using Filterstorm Pro 2.

I saw this walkthrough of Filterstorm Pro 2, made by Tai Shimizu, and was amazed at what could be achieved on the iPad. 

 


I had been on the fence about getting an iPad for some time but once I saw this demo, I was sold. I just preorederd my new Third Generation iPad last week when it was announced by Apple on March 7th.

Here is a video from Apple showcasing the new iPad and it's features: 




With a great screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 (that's more resolution than an HDTV) and a quad core Graphics processor, this will be a great device to compliment any creative mind. 

Photo editing will be amazing on this as-well as drawing and painting using Procreate and other apps (more on Procreate in a future post).

I can't wait to get my hands on the new iPad. I will post an unboxing as-well as a review of the device and different creative apps that made me decide to purchase the iPad instead of another tablet.

Stay Tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment